17 January 2017. Broker Resources Insurance Services (“BR”) is a wholesale broker dedicated to placing Umbrella/Excess/Buffer placements for group captive member-insureds working with Captive Resources. BR is a joint venture between Captive Resources and The McGowan Companies, a privately owned managing general underwriter, program administrator, and wholesale broker located in Fairview Park, Ohio. McGowan operates across the U.S.
Mission. BR was formed in April, 2016, to differentiate group captive members to the Umbrella/Excess marketplace as higher quality insureds with an elevated focus on risk management. As understanding of the quality of the member-insureds increases with our marketplace, we anticipate member-insureds will benefit from additional expanded terms, differentiated pricing, and increased stability of premiums.
BR offers access to 25+ markets, both standard and Excess & Surplus lines.
Broker Resources is only available to retail agents and brokers that work with Captive Resources.
Key Advantages. Key advantages of working with BR include:
- The ability to access both Standard and E&S carriers;
- Capacity of $300 million or more;
- Financially strong carriers;
- Competitive pricing and broadened terms & conditions;
- Simplified submission process – captive program application plus minor additional information is required.
What Makes Brokers Resources Different?
- Revenue neutral to retail broker;
- Focus on group captive member-insureds;
- Panel markets (7) offer increased crisis management limits of $500,000.